Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What I did

“He imagined it.” These three words and lies about immaterial issues from the thieving CPA trustee derailed five months’ work engaging criminal justice. That’s cutting edge legalese. Further, I’m not entitled to equal protection.

He said he “held no ill will” toward me. Thank goodness—I’m so happy stealing all my money didn’t make my licensed professional trustee mad. It’s a great load off my mind. What would you do?

Here’s what I did beginning in July 2013.

7/16: I spoke to Detective Tim Owen of Edmond PD. He said to hire a lawyer to perform a forensic audit and analysis to explain the situation to police and aid the production of the investigative report. I told him there was talk of rubbing me out. He said he heard stories from others like that. He said he worked a criminal case where the court put the trustee on a payment plan, and he was paying. I visited the bank. They said they’d need a court order to freeze my trustee’s check writing.

I spent slightly more than two weeks interviewing attorneys and accountants. They said I’d need a hefty retainer up front, mentioning $30,000, and that’s just the beginning. I don’t have that. Many lawyers wouldn’t take my money, knowing I was broke and not wanting to get sucked down. I didn’t get referrals, except for litigation attorneys who want a retainer I don’t have. I decided to write a simple description and submit the document package.

8/3: I submitted the complaint to Edmond PD. It was assigned to Detective Mike Chesley.

8/7: I submitted a complaint to the state accountancy board. I told LaLisa the trustee had had a good laugh. She said he wouldn’t be laughing when they were done. Two days later my phone was knocked out by a severe storm. I made calls and visited Edmond PD. Mr. Chesley was out.

8/22: I changed phone providers because my provider was unresponsive.

9/4: I contacted Legal Aid of Oklahoma. They don’t handle this kind of case, but referred me to Department of Human Services Adult Protective Services (DHS APS).

9/9: I spent 1½ hours each with Detective Chesley and the APS specialist. Mr. Chesley said Warr Acres police had jurisdiction.

9/17: APS specialist and I visited with Sgt. Davidofsky, J.D. with Warr Acres PD. He said he handled abuse of small children and Warr Acres lacked the capacity to perform the investigation, and he would refer us to the attorney general’s office. Warr Acres applied a criminal case number. Notice two months have elapsed.

9/19: Sgt. Davidofsky told me he’d sent the documents to the AG. I waited.

9/25: I called the AG’s office to inquire. They told me the DHS APS specialist brought the documents.

9/30: I had a follow-up conference with a lawyer who made a tentative offer to assemble a civil lawsuit at the end of October. He told me the statute of limitations for fraud would run December 9, 2013, two years after the date of the first infraction. Many lawyers gave generously of their time to discuss the case with me, and none wanted to work for an indigent client.

10/1: The AG’s office said they don’t handle this kind of case, but due to the extraordinary circumstances they would pass it to their investigators immediately.

10/9: The AG’s office said they would wait two months then decide if they wanted to review and investigate.

10/21: The AG’s office said the FBI was interested and had taken up the investigation.

10/30: The lawyer withdrew his offer to consider assembling a less-than-fully-funded civil lawsuit.

11/1: The FBI said they couldn’t find the documents, and that I should come visit.

11/4: I delivered documents to the FBI. They said check back in five to 10 working days. Like everyone, the duty agent said he didn’t know much about trusts. He said they would check with the U.S. attorney to see if it fell within their province and met the damage threshold. Like everyone, he wished me good luck. I learned the DHS APS specialist had delivered documents to the FBI in mid-October.

11/12: I called the FBI, and they said they knew nothing.

11/13: I spoke with the Oklahoma Disability Law Center, a federally funded program. I was told they would forward the matter to an advocate.

11/14: I received a follow-up call from the Oklahoma Disability Law Center. The angry young woman indicated she didn’t like my disability. I called the next day and talked to voice mail. My intake with them failed.

11/19: The DHS APS specialist said both the FBI and AG had declined to investigate. I did not know they’d received a reply from the trustee the day before telling them I had imagined it. That was all it took to derail all this work.

11/22: The DHS APS specialist said Legal Aid had decided to connect me with a lawyer. I began a conversation with the state securities commission.

11/25: The state securities commission told me they handle complaints about stocks only. I spoke with the Legal Aid attorney. He said I need a pro bono lawyer, which would be hard to find, but he would look. (The demand for pro bono lawyers greatly exceeds the supply; in fact, I always thought of free lawyers as a legend or myth. Nevertheless, some people believe in them.) I spoke with the state accountancy board, and they said they would review the matter in December.

11/30: I sent my response to the trustee’s reply to the AG’s office. The AG advised in a letter they would close the file if they did not hear from me in 30 days. So, I don’t know the issue is dead with the AG, although I was assured they don’t handle trust cases.

12/1: I inquired with IRS about the trustee’s investment company, to which the trustee said he’d made a short-term loan as operating capital for a job it was doing for the IRS. The trustee claimed payment was first delayed by the Tea Party scandal, then the government shutdown. The story is ridiculous. IRS is unresponsive.

12/2: I spoke with the AG’s office. They are sympathetic and agree the trustee lied to them.

Much was promised, and nothing was accomplished. Stealing is constructively legalized at the local, state and national levels. All a thief must do is depict the victim as a lunatic. I paid this bad actor almost $200,000.00 to do it. It isn’t a very good deal.

I mentioned the names of some of the people who moved the process along. I consider their efforts sincere, and they were determined to aid my recovery. I thank them. I’ll tell the other names shortly when we’ve taken another step or three. I continue to suffer extreme financial hardship and am sleepless most every night as I enter the sixth month of searching for a remedy.

No comments: